I am sure all the Liferay community members are waiting for Liferay 6.2 with some new features and UI enhancements. So today I am going to highlight some of the new things coming in Liferay 6.2. (Grabbed from Liferay 6.2 CE Milestone 6)
- Upgraded Liferay UI to Alloy 2.0
- Liferay is now upgraded to Alloy 2.0 including bootstrap. So almost all the UI is changed to Alloy 2.0 which will give entire new look to Liferay.
|Liferay 6.2 with Alloy 2.0|
- Improvements in Statging & Import/Export features
- There are many changes in Staging & Import/Export features. Though currently it required many things to be fixed in UI & other areas.
|Liferay 6.2 - Staging|
- New Look & Feel for Control Panel
- Control Panel UI & theme got changed. Although it's not completely finalized yet but you'll see new look & feel for 6.2's Control Panel.
- It's divided into 4 main columns. Users, Sites, Apps & Configuration
|Liferay 6.2 - Control Panel|
- New Template Editor with Auto Complete
- Yes, This version has inbuilt WCM Template editor with auto complete help to make Admin/Editor's life easy.
|Liferay 6.2 - Template Editor|
- Many More
- Also check nice blog recently written by Jorge Ferrer on What is new in Liferay 6.2
Liferay 6.2 CE Beta 1 is released and available to download.